Hi,

I posted the attached message on this forum some days ago, but got no
reponse. Perhaps someone could try to confirm this effect. If it is not a
mistake on my side, it is a very serious bug. I would be grateful if
someone could check if this behaviour also shows under DXP. I just received
my copy of DXP, but have to start the learning curve first, which will take
some time. So I cannot check myself now.
Thank you.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Kind regards

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH
www.nateurope.com

                    ga@nateurope.

                    com                  An:     "Protel EDA Forum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                         Kopie:

                    03.12.2002           Thema:  [PEDA] Rules and PCB library
definitions
                    10:14

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

Hello group,

does anyone know how to overcome the following effect:

When I define e.g. a BGA component in PCB library editor and include
fanouts and preroutes for the pads, once I have that part placed on the
PCB, the specified rules for clearance, power connection, etc. do not apply
for the preroutes and fanouts, but default to the rules setting for
"board". Is this a bug, and is there some workaround?

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Kind regards

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH