yes to the first
it just happened to us too
lost all servers for no apparent reason
after getting them set back up the software didn't work correctly at all
(for example could not dbl click on objects which should respond to dbl
click)
finally had to re-install all
then fix the Select Hole size routine for the umpteenth time
then patch the menus back
what a pain

as to the the disappearing DDB, no (knock on wood) not yet