> On yet a different note, could it be due to too many people attempting
> access a limited number of licenses at the same time - What would Prohel
do
> if there were two requests for access at the same time (a second request
> sent (to the same subroutine or procedure) while the first request was
still
> being processed (had not returned to from the subroutine or procedure) -
Is
> the code capabile of handling 2 (or more) requests at the same time, or
was
> this not anticipated by the programmer.

I don't understand what you mean here. The only way the subroutine could
get executed twice is if it is on the same machine, in which case it is
the same user and license. I have run two instances of 99se on my machine
without trouble at all.

If you mean two different machines, they are not running the same
subroutine because they are on different machines. What 99se does if the
number of licenses is exceeded is that it tells each of the users that the
license count has been exceeded. The dialog box can then be cleared and
the user can proceed without loss of data. If they continue to exceed the
license count they will get the dialog box every 30 seconds. It is
annoying nagging, but I would rather that than a dongle, machine specific
license, or having it just shut down. This way you can have one person
running schematic while another is running pcb, and if the one running
schematic mistakenly opens pcb it doesn't stop everything.

When Protel added the net licensing I tried  out exceeding the license to
see what would happen and the results were some of the best in the
industry. No server to load, no hassles, and it keeps people legal.

Robert D. LaMoreaux
MTS Systems Corp.
Powertrain Technology Division
4622 Runway Blvd.