Rob, see below, JaMi
----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Server Uninstall!?

> I don't understand what you mean here. The only way the subroutine could
> get executed twice is if it is on the same machine, in which case it is
> the same user and license. I have run two instances of 99se on my machine
> without trouble at all.

I was trying to think how the license data could be corrupted.

P99SE appears to do an interrogation of the network when it starts and also
when it closes, presumably for liscenses.

Assume that I am just starting an instance of P99SE (on my machine) at the
same time another user is interrogating the network by starting another
instance of P99SE (on a different machine).

Depending on interrupts, priorities, etc., it seems that it would be
possible that some part of the license checking code (operating on my
machine) could be caused to be re-entered by another routine (caused by
checking over the network by the second machine), before my machine had
finished with its own use of the routine.

Somewhat obscure sceneriao, but something like that could happen in real
life, and the point was that something like this, if not accounted for,
could possibly cause a problem with or corruption of the licesne data that
is checked by the routine.