Jami,
        we have some recent experience with this, too many engineers
accessing schematics at the same time. All Protel seems to do is send you a
warning message that the maximum number of licenses have been exceeded. Thus
far we have never noticed any ill effects. And it doesn't seem to limit
access or function once giving the message.
        The server/license loss symptom that we experienced was not effected
by the number of licenses, very few people were accessing files at that time
(definitely 2, possibly 3 of us, for 5 licenses, all different files being
accessed). But we know the network went down and upon restoring and trying
to resume work, the servers and licenses were uninstalled on the one
machine. My copy was just fine even though I was working at the same time
that the network went down.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Check out our fall promotion at www.norsat.com. Limited quantities. Sale
ends December 24, 2002.
Contact your Account Manager or call 1-800-NII-4LNB or email

<SNIP>