Brad, Ian,

Sorry for jumping in so late, I've had busy days and read this thread
just a while ago.

The answer for the question: "Why is it that we are finding these items now?"

could be - because they are well hidden :)

Seriously, there is Protel's KB Item 1920 explaining briefly why Import from
and Export to Database items are not in the menu, although they should have
been there since Service Pack 1.
It says:
"They have not been updated properly with the instalation of Service Pack 1.
The process can be run manually or added to the menu."

I don't know why this statement is still valid with Service Pack 6!

I used both tools - Database Linking and Import from Database - they seem to

be comparably slow, though I haven't banchmarked them.

Sincerely,

Wojciech Oborski