Ok,
I've been using this machine in this configuration with 99SE for
years now. It never made problems so far.
There are wondous problems occuring when upgrading the SP
of WinNT. MS takes the freedom to overwrite configurations of
whatever, including installing IE as Browser to start with.
It can take weeks until you notice sideeffects, that this or
another program behave differently. And it takes day to
change back.
So unless absolutely necessary, I don't change the SP of WinNT.
I rather take an application off such a machine and move to a more
modern one with Win2k SP2.

Rene