On 08:07 AM 9/02/2003 +0100, Mikael Johansson said:
Hello
I'm a newbie trying to evaluate Protel 99SE SP6. I've created a component library where the part fields store supplier, order codes etc.

When I create a BOM from the schematic the very same part fields only contain an asterisk '*'.

If I doubleclick on a component in the schematic I can see my order codes ... as well as a column with the '*'.

How do I copy my order codes... to the columns shown in the BOM (for all components in the schematic)?

Mikael Johansson

P99SE has two sorts of fields for use by the user. One type is a library field - there are 8 of these and these can only be changed in the library - these are the Library or Read-Only Fields. The other (16 of these) is designed to be changed once the symbol has been placed in the Sch - these are the Part Fields. Within the library it is possible to change the *name* of the Parts Fields but not the attribute itself. You can only change the library fields in the library - not once placed on the Sch.

When a field has not been set to anything it will appear as a '*'.

When you set the fields in the SchLib did you do so on the Library Fields tab or the Part Field Names tab?

If the Sch symbols were already placed before you added the field entries did you update the Sch? (Tools-Update Schematics will do this for all open schematic sheets.)

Does this help at all?

Ian Wilson