I recall running into something like this. It's been quite a while ago so my
memory of it is fuzzy, but i think it had something to do with a corrupted
.rcs file. There should be a whole set of these, either in your root
directory or the main Protel directory. Try moving all of them somewhere
Protel can't find them, and see if that fixes your problem (Protel will
recreate defaults). That will remove all customizations, so you'll then want
to try returning them one at a time to identify the troublesome file.