Okay, desperation is slowly setting in...

Is there a way to automatically "pin" the ref designator and/or part-type
fields to specific locations within/without a component upon executing the
Place-Part command, ie, without manual editting of said partype or ref
designator respective locations (picture, if you will, a reference
designator pinned to a location _internal_ to the component outline, like
text inside a balloon, or text fixed to the lower left corner of a
rectangle, etc.

aj