George,
        the problem that you are chasing would not be related strictly to W2000 Pro. A
large number of us are using P99SE on W2000 without the issue that you are seeing.
Sorry don't know what your problem could be but it is not so simple as just blaming it
on W2000. I would suggest a 'complete' uninstall followed by a re-install. The
complete uninstall procedure is as follows (don't skip any steps or your corruption
may remain):

July 5 2002
Protel 99SE Complete Uninstall.(New version emailed from Lori Quevedo)
Version # Protel 99SE/ Service Pack 6:

PROBLEM: Is there a specific uninstall procedure for Protel? I have
uninstalled and reinstalled using add and/remove programs but Protel is
still acting up.

SOLUTION:

1) Un-install Service Pack 6 for 99SE
2) Un-install 99SE
3) Delete the Design Explorer 99 SE directory
(make sure you have no personal files or libraries stored here before you do
this).
4) Delete the files *99SE.* from your Windows or Winnt folder
5) Also delete from the Windows or Winnt folder *.bpl and *.dpl, if they are
still remaining.
6) Re-install Protel 99 SE
a) If Win 9x then Reboot
7) Re-apply Service Pack 6