>  I have win2k + sp3 on my workstation.  The server is WIN98 lately I
> keep getting these annoying dbase share error (there is no one else on

Your SERVER is Win98 ????  (faints in disbelief)

That's the least capable server you could be using.  No wonder you are
having problems.  Win98 is a severe security risk (open TCP/UDP ports, etc),
so I hope you have it behind a firewall, or not connected in any way to the
Internet.

I admit I (still) use a Win98 server at home as a music server and printer
server.  It accumulates crud in memory (memory leaks) and has to be rebooted
every week or so.  It doesn't lock up or stop working, but it gets slow.
It's OK because it's use for non-critical functions, but there's no way I'd
put anything mission-critical on it.  That machine is 5 years old now and
still works great (white box PC are the best!).  But someday when I have to
perform surgery on it, it's getting Linux.  Oh yeah, it's behind a
firewall - no way I'd use without one.  And I don't mean a software
firewall, I mean a firewall box.

Either upgrade that server to NT or W2k, or switch it over to Linux.
Personally, I recommend the latter.  I have a Linux server at work and it is
rock stable.

Sorry, I know this doesn't immediately help you.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com