John,
        I can understand your statement below, however in a case that I personally
experienced the deletion of the BPL and DPL files were required to straighten out my
Protel P99SE issue. I had done several re-installs without that step and they
continued to show the same problem, this is when Protel Tech support suggested that
version of the uninstall instructions.
        If you are programming in Borland there is a very good chance that you have
had problems with cross pollution of the DPL or BPL files with Protel's versions
anyways. How this is handled elegantly I couldn't begin to fathom as I am not a
programmer. I only know that corrupted BPL and DPL files can be the source of problems
with P99SE from firsthand experience.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer