Hi Leo,

There is a setting for how many degrees objects should rotate for every
time you press the space bar. Check if it is correctly defined (like 90
deg) under Tools>>Preferences>>Rotation Step. Setting this to 0 deg would
cause the problem you are seeing.

I believe that the component drag setting may influence this behavior too
if I remember correctly. Try to change that setting under preferences.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards
Mattias Ericson

Mattias Ericson
Omnisys Instruments AB
Gruvgatan 8
SE-421 30  Vstra Frlunda, SWEDEN
Phone: +46 31 734 34 08
Fax: +46 31 734 34 29
http://www.omnisys.se

                      Leo Potjewijd

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:

rotate components anymore
                      Please respond to

                      Protel EDA Forum

Hi folks,
leave it to Leo to crash into weird stuff: the PCB editor refuses to rotate

components when I press the spacebar.

What happened: last wednesday I was happily working on a complex design and

all I had to do was annotate (auto-annotate makes a mess of multi-part
components) and fill the PCB with parts in the proper place. With a long
weekend ahead and nothing better to do I took de .DDB file home to some
work on it (stupid thing to do: we have fabulous weather).
Found a few errors, corrected them and issued the update PCB command.
Shuffled some of the components around, and then it was monday again (told
ya: fabulous weather)....
Took the .DDB file back to work, opened it and tried to pick up where I
left. I typed M-C and picked up a chip: it moved OK, but wouldn't rotate
with the spacebar (or any other key for that matter; tried different
components: no luck).
Opening the LIB, re-update PCB from both LIB and Sch, closing and
re-opening: nothing I tried so far helps.
However, it IS still possible to manually rotate the part by editing the
rotation.

I am convinced I messed something up, but what?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

見-jgkץy֟!wdzbXm
-ylz(kץǫ^jiB{ZrazXfjhvhkj+M!I"wah醺'^)ޱzm
-ylz(kץǫ髺W٥0+Irkzhاm
&j)Zb(kץy֟!w