01/07/2003 02:52:35, Website Visitor
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I've made a +5V plane on an internal layer, using a split
>plane that covers the entire layer. In the middle of the
>layer, I'd like to place another split plane with +3.3V.

You don't want to be putting split planes inside other split
planes... If all you want to do is put one isolated plane,
surrounded by another, just use the layer stack manager
design -> layer stack manager to assign  the whole plane to one
net, and insert your split plane using
place -> split plane. (this is safe, for as many non-overlapping
islands as you want).
If you want to put split planes inside other split planes, you need
to be wrapping a C-shaped sausage of one plane around an
island of another, and, if you care, deleting the closed bit of the
sausage as the _very_ last thing you do - in the gerber editor if
you can, or there's a risk that Protel will redraw the plane vias,
and tie the planes together... This leads to much drilling out of
vias, and unhappy prototypes :(

I hope that helps a bit - if not, I'll try again with less beer
tomorrow...

Steve