Tim

Be prepared for a major change in your Protel & design work flow. You
can d/l all the manuals and tutorials now from the Protel web site, read
them carefully, take time over how projects are treated, connectivity is
done and especially the sections on queries.

A serious change at that. It takes a considerable bit of getting used
to.

But some features are a lot better, there are mixed opinions from all
sides over how productive it is compared to P99SE.

At present I personally do not find it as productive as 99SE, although
after using some of the features in DXP I do miss them when working in
99SE.

Currently I am trying to develop my 'DXP skills' to see if I can get to
a productive level with it, but this will take time. IMO I am not really
helping myself by jumping back/forward between the packages but due to
current constraints on my time I have no choice as I cannot in all
conscience charge customers, or take internal cost hits for my 'learning
time'.

For DXP updates & info you should register at
http://forums.altium.com/cgi-bin/info.asp which is an Altium list
server.

You will read there a lot of different opinions on DXP, some good, some
bad, some really bad, some hopefully optimistic the Situs router will
become what everyone hoped (& expected it to be) but best way is to make
a concentrated effort to learn the beast for yourself.

> Are there any issues with loading DXP onto the same machine with 99SE?

No problems I am aware of, I use both on same workstation all day,
swapping back & forth whenever I want to see if DXF can do it better
than 99SE.

Good luck

Best Regards

John A. Ross