From: "Brad Velander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Geometric Center

Tim,
on your original question about the mid part calculation, I thought that it
was calculated from the center point of the pads within the device. I am not
absolutely sure on that but that is what I recall from experiments that I
did years ago. It seemed to ignore the silkscreen and other layers and
seemed to only calculate using the pads. Try calculating it yourself using
the pad centres of the pads in the device, a device like a TO263 should
easily show where the centre is being calculated from.

On your statement below I would caution you that there is a bug in P99SE
that I discovered a year or more ago when placing parts. If you are moving a
part while pressing the spacebar to rotate it, you can have the part centre
shift off of your cursor location. This is most prevalent if I used a
rotation angle of about 5 degrees. It was worst if you moved the part
quickly while doing the rotation. Not sure that this could be what you have
seen but thought I should mention it.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any attached files may contain information
that is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient,  please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or
copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.