I am running 3.4 on win2k. I had lots of problems upgrading my computer (Sony laptop) to win2k but installing the protel software was not one of them.

Jim Walker
Walker Power Design, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Peter Montgomery wrote:

Hi,

I own fully licensed copies of the older Protel 16 bit software.  Recently,
I decided to try and get Advanced Schematic running on my Win2K box instead
of my older Win98 box.  It basically runs, but the license box only has an
option to unlock the "Groupware 3.0" option.  There is no place for me to
input my code for the schematic client itself.

Has anyone on the list gotten the older Protel software to run on Win2k?

    Thanks,
    PeterM

PS - Since my upgrade cost to get the latest software is about three time
the original cost of the software, I have little incentive to upgrade.  I
stopped when the cost of an upgrade from the previous version to the latest
version exceeded my original cost for the software.