Jim,

> As I recall, I just inserted the disk(s) and clicked the appropriate
> squares for a standard installation. When I then went to use it, a
> message popped up stating some limitation on usage until I unlocked it.
> I went to the help - about screen to access the unlock code entry etc.
> and it worked the same as it did many years ago on win95 or 98.

Well, simple works.  I did a standard install and it seems to be fine.  I
was presented with all the options and entered my codes.  Advanced Schematic
3 is now running (as far as I can tell) just fine.  I have no idea where it
put the various DLLs, but I can't find any in the various WinNT directories,
so my OS still seems to be clean.  Life is good.

BTW, I guess I'm not alone in finding Protel's charge for upgrading is kind
of insane.  I think my 16 bit software cost me about $2000.  To upgrade now
to DXP would cost me $6000.  Apparently, Protel thinks that charging three
times the original cost of the software to upgrade is a sound and logical
business plan.  It sounds moronic if you ask me.

    Thanks,
    PeterM