Point taken,

But what about the tools that make database (and netlist format) changes
between versions?

But I missed perhaps a valuable comment.

Some of the netlisters do not actually produce a suitable format for the
netlist target tools at all (direct readable format anyway), which
includes DXP/nVisage.

Considering nVisage is pitched as a capture tool that's pretty poor.

They provide 'convenient', for Protel at least, split file outputs such
as a .net and a .prt file, which need a fair amount of post processing
to use at all (merge files, add headers and so on).

However, I know already that in DXP these issues are being taken
seriously, at least on a 'by popular demand' type basis.

So perhaps there is hope for proper support, for at least the mainstream
vendors tools as well, in the near future.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications Ltd
8 BorrowMeadow Road
Springkerse Industrial Estate
Stirling, Scotland FK7 7UW

Tel     +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 225 (Office)
Tel     +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 248 (Lab)
Fax     +44 [0]1786 474653
GSM     +44 [0]7831 373727

Email   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW     http://www.rsd.tv