i just did a step and repeat multi chan in SE a little differently

build up one cell, fully routed
copy & paste whole section, tracks, parts, warts and all
and accept the R41_1 designator junk
edit the R41_1, etc. to their real names
re-load the netlist

this has the advantage over what you describe of not having
to relocate the the parts precisely on the tracks
and avoids having to swing each one about to get pin 1 in the right
place

also the parts get less dizzy this way

if real parts were the lying about then delete them as you
rename the copied ones
this forms a cross check and makes it a little easier to match
up was/is

a little boring but worked like a treat

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003