On 09:44 PM 18/09/2003, Peder K. Hellegaard said:
Hi.

I am going to route a design consisting of 7 identical circuits. They are
subcircuits of the main SCH sheet. The components are designated in
accordance with the convention

Circuit1:
R100, R101.......C100, C101 etc.

Circuit2:
R200, R201.......C200, C201 etc.

Circuit3:
R300, R301.......C300, C301 etc.

and so on........

I have now placed and routed one of these circuits.

Anyone who knows how to automatically place and route the remaining 6
circuits so they will be identical to th eone I routed manually ?

(DXP comment- DXP has a multi-channel capability that allows this sort of thing to be done with more ease than P99SE. Uses the idea of copying Room formats, I gather. I have not used it so can't comment in detail. Others have with success I think. Of little use to P99SE users but some users had expressed interest in knowing comparisons when they came up.)

In P99SE I have always laid out one channel pretty much fully and then copy and pasted the tracks to each channel, then moved the components into position. If you have a lot to do it would be possible to reposition components using the speadsheet functionality, or importing from a database, or from a massaged pick and place file. (Manually moving sm components with the reference point at the centroid is not as easy as moving components with a centroid on a pad when doing this sort of work.)

Ian