I have just attended a meeting of the IPC Designers Council where the
subject of finishes for PCB's came up and it was revealed that Silver
Immersion seems to have great benefits for assembly, shelf life,
solderability, rework, etc...

Can anyone give me their experiences with the process and its benefits and
down sides?  Have you personally used it, how long, what sort of problems
have you seen, what are the cost issues?

Best Regards,

Bill Brooks
"Politics is more difficult than Physics" - Albert Einstein