Specctra takes its 'allowed via styles' from the vias used on the exported
design.  To get it to use alternative via styles in addition to the Protel
routing default you need to place one of each type on the design, outside
the board area (this is from a KB article I read a while back)

Not sure about the layer set, although I think Specctra uses the layers
turned on and enabled for routing rather than all in the layer stack - so
you need to turn them all on and set a routing direction for each.

Regards,

Andy Gulliver