At 01:47 PM 10/21/2003, Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

Did you mean wierd "silence" or wierd "science"? It works either way ;-)

It's back up, obviously. And I'm pretty sure it was down, but there is no evidence indicating that any mail was lost; there is at least one message for each day.

As is common when Techserv is down, there was a little traffic on [EMAIL PROTECTED] Most of the major writers for the PEDA Forum are also subscribers to protel-users. Generally, we discourage sending the same question to both lists, since almost everyone who is subscribed to protel-users, and is active, also subscribes to the PEDA list, which remains the best place to get support. Usually. But if you don't get an answer quickly from PEDA, and you suspect that PEDA is down (it is privately hosted and controlled by Techserv Inc., a service bureau), the most obvious sign of which would be that your own message does not appear in a reasonable time, you are welcome to query protel-users in addition.

Because the day may come when one of our readers will need support, and when we need it we usually need it NOW, I highly recommend that all users join [EMAIL PROTECTED] Normally, you will see very little mail from it. And if you don't want even that, you can set your preferences (or ask the moderator to set your preferences, if you are allergic to logging into yahoogroups) to Special Notices. We have not sent a special notice yet, but if the Protel Users Association ever decides to send a Special Notice, it will be able to do so.

You could also set it to No Mail, which would still allow you to post to the list and to read responses on the web. But this does leave the Association with no way to reach you.

If you wait until you need support, it may be too late, because the yahoogroups list is member-only and a moderator must approve the new member. Isn't spam wonderful? We used to leave it wide open until the spammers found it. It could possibly take a couple of days for a moderator to get around to approving a request to join.

Abd ulRahman Lomax Chair, Protel Users Association