I hate having power supply pins as part of schematic component symbols (especially
opamps and logic gate chips). I prefer to create an additional `component part' in the
chip purely for the power supply pins. This makes it easier to assign decoupling
components to the chip as well as reduce clutter in the main part of the schematic.
Problem is Protel 99 doesn't like annotating these as it treats the power part as a
real part and really gets messed up. I believe Protel DXP lets you assign the power
supply pins to Part 0 and so, presumably, gets round the problem.
Hiding power pins is bad news especially if you use different power rails from, say,
VCC and GND which are the common defaults for logic chips and so if you forget to
unhide them you end up with a power net not going anywhere near your real power supply.
Is there any recommended method in Protel 99 of handling the power pins on logic chips
similar to my first method above that Protel 99 can handle comfortably?

Best Regards
Laurie Biddulph
http://www.elby-designs.com