From: "Laurie Biddulph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 6:10 AM
Subject: [PEDA] Power supply pins

I hate having power supply pins as part of schematic component symbols
(especially opamps and logic gate chips). I prefer to create an additional
`component part' in the chip purely for the power supply pins. This makes it
easier to assign decoupling components to the chip as well as reduce clutter
in the main part of the schematic. Problem is Protel 99 doesn't like
annotating these as it treats the power part as a real part and really gets
messed up. I believe Protel DXP lets you assign the power supply pins to
Part 0 and so, presumably, gets round the problem.
Hiding power pins is bad news especially if you use different power rails
from, say, VCC and GND which are the common defaults for logic chips and so
if you forget to unhide them you end up with a power net not going anywhere
near your real power supply.
Is there any recommended method in Protel 99 of handling the power pins on
logic chips similar to my first method above that Protel 99 can handle
comfortably?

Best Regards
Laurie Biddulph
http://www.elby-designs.com