Leo Potjewijd wrote:

Hello.
I am trying to update an existing PCB (19"6U passive backplane): it needs to be shorter, lose some connectors and gain two connectors of a different type.

I changed the schematic (just a single sheet) to include all connectors and their interconnections (almost all of them got a new refdes); then I changed the PCB manually to add the new ones, delete the unwanted ones and renumbered them all according to the new schematic.

When I run 'update PCB' the synchroniser does not recognise two (different) connectors: it claims that J7 is not on the PCB (which it is) and that J13 is not on the schematic (which it is).
I checked all fields, names etc of the components in question but cannot find anything wrong.

Ugh, you've de-synchronized the synchronizer.

This occasionally happens when you manually change parts on the PCB and then
try to synchronize. Once it happens, the synchronizer is very difficult to get working
right again, although it sometimes clears itself. But, you can just go to manual
means. Do a netlist generate in Protel schematic and then use the netlist load
function to reset the netlist info. Then, do the netlist "asssign nets to free primitives"
function to reset any changed net names to the tracks and vias. Then do a DRC,
and everything should be up to date.

Jon

This message is sent using PostCast Server Professional Trial:
http://www.postcastserver.com/