in 99SE you don't need any specific lib opened to load a
netlist
we often use orcad netlists wher NONE of the footprints match any names
that we
will use

in that case we just place them as we see fit and the netlist load
succeeds
without a perfect match
this is an appropriate working method at times

ds

Ian Wilson wrote:

> Doesn't P99SE have the same issue.  You have always had to have the source
> libraries loaded (not opened).
>
> If a library is not loaded in the library list the component will not be
> loaded.  The difference is that DXP and P2004 allow you to specify exactly
> which library it should come from and there is none of that silly XREF
> substitution that P99SE and older could get up to.  I *love* the strict
> library management of DXP.  Going back to the "Just grab it from the first
> lib in the list that has the same footprint name" just doesn't cut it for
> me.  I want full control.  The thing I find irritating, a bit, is that if I
> *fully* specify the source library when nominating the footprint, should I
> really need to have that library loaded in the Library panel? Surely it can
> go fetch.
>
> Ian

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com