On 04:02 AM 19/03/2004, Dennis Saputelli said:

in 99SE you don't need any specific lib opened to load a
netlist
we often use orcad netlists wher NONE of the footprints match any names
that we
will use

in that case we just place them as we see fit and the netlist load
succeeds
without a perfect match
this is an appropriate working method at times

Dennis,

You can still manually place a component from a library and then close the library and then update the PCB (importing the netlist is basically the same as updating from a Sch in DXP - it can still be done but the process is different from P99SE. I do not know if it is easier or harder as it is not something I do).

The match is by designator which is what you would want I assume?

Ian