At 03:32 PM 3/17/2004 -0700, you wrote:
I don't have an answer for you regarding the DXP stuff. However, I am
running P99SE on WinXP. What did you mean by "won't work"?

I'm merely recounting what I've heard from other engineers here since I'm still using 99SE on Win2K myself. Several of them have told me that 99SE either simply crashes the WinXP OS itself, or hangs up. I've passed on to them the various group responses indicating that it should work fine so that they might possibly want to retry it. I'm sure they'll be very happy if they can get it to work. I've actually hesitated to switch to WinXP myself because I didn't want to switch to DXP.

Darcy Davis
Design Engineer,
Dynastream Innovations, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: March 17, 2004 3:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEDA] A DXP annotation feature?

I don't use DXP myself but a coworker here has no choice since 99SE won't work on WinXP. Anyway, when it came time to annotate his schematic to get rid of all the question mark designators he went through the standard procedure. When it was done he found that several schematic symbols had been arbitrarily moved to other pages and plopped down right in the middle of nowhere! In addition, some existing symbols had been duplicated and placed in arbitrary places on arbitrary pages. Therefore, his solution is to simply go through all 12 pages of his schematic every time he annotates in order to correct DXP's errors (or should this be considered a feature?). Has anyone seen this behavior?

Ray Mitchell
Engineer, Code 2732
SPAWAR Systems Center
San Diego, CA. 92152