Our group has used Protel for years. I've tried to get everyone to change to something else for most of that time but the resistance has been fairly great. It seems that the the philosophy has been that pain you know is preferable to the pain you don't know. However, with the introduction of DXP/2004 everyone is starting to realize that a good tool is needed. Is there something that is generally considered to be the best? I realize that some of the tools cost significantly more but when the frustration, poor results, and wasted time are considered, it may not actually be that expensive. One of the guys here uses PADS and really likes it. If we make a change we don't want to make the same mistake we made with Protel again.

Ray Mitchell
Engineer, Code 2732
SPAWAR Systems Center
San Diego, CA. 92152