From: Nukien [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 4:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEDA] Mech4 layer in library object becomes toplayer in gerber
??

Well this is odd.  I have a custom part in a pcb library - and LCD actually.  It's
very typical, 14 connectors, outline on top overlay, nothing strange.  I do have a few
lines etc on the Mechanical4 layer, delineating areas on the back of the LCD that have
tall components, as a rough guide in the pcb editor to indicate where NOT to put
larger components under the LCD.

When I export the pcb to gerber, those mech4 layer lines get shifted to toplayer ...
I have other mech4 layer objects on the pcb, but they're all placed in the pcb editor,
not as part of a library component.  It's only those that get shifted.  They show up
properly in the editor as being on mech4 - there's no indication that they're strange
in any other way.

Needless to say this is annoying.  Any ideas ?

--
Dean

Notice: This message and any included attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee, and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please destroy the original message and any
copies or printouts hereof.