On 03:42 PM 5/05/2004, John Girvan said:
thanks all for your help... i was just playing about with some tracks and
had them at 8 mil thick on an 8mil grid spaced at 8mil edge to edge and
wanted to change them to 10mil edge to edge - thus, change the grid, 'snap
to grid' and hope!.... more curiosity than a neccessity... im just fumbling
about in my first few months on 99SE... i moved them manually...

thanks for your concerns & help, Abdul & Ian.

Well this raises something that P99SE, DXP and P2004 does not do as well as they could. You can certainly use the Push Obstacle mode to squeeze up spacings but it will not allow you to spread tracks.

(The Situs router (P2004) has a spread pass but I have not looked to see how well it works - the straighten pass works better than the P99SE routines. But that is not the function you were after.)

Spreading spacing in P99SE is pretty much a manual task - as you have found out. a server could no doubt be written to do it but with some gotchas.

Ian