Stephen,

How about Orcad ver.6?
We did two designs in Orcad some time ago using this
version.
One of the PCBs was with missing connections to the
GND plane. Who knows why the software decided to
remove some of the vias.
The second design had shortcuts caused by the error
markers, which appeared in the Gerber files. We
couldn't find a way to remove them from there. Lucky
me that I'm always checking the gerbers before sending
them out for manufacturing.

I didn't experience big problems with the spreadsheets
in ver9.2 and ver.10 but I did miss the ability to
select and move group of entities (parts, vias and
traces all together).
There are other tips and tricks but I don't think that
this is the forum to discuss this.

Mira

http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html