Mike,

I've been using Orcad for a couple of months and I'd
say it's completely different from Protel.
Ver. 10 is not much different from ver.9.2. They had a
couple of bugs but quickly fixed them. I didn't need
any tech support for using the software so I can't say
how good it is.

Joe, I'm surprised that you like Orcad from DOS ages.
I think I had ver.2 or so at the time when I started
using CAD software for my PCB designs. It was the
worse thing ever. I was not able to add a
net/connection. When I routed one of the nets and
wanted to delete a segment (because it was not
possible to move it), Orcad decided to totally delete
the net from the netlist. The only way to get the
trace moved was to start routing it using different
path from the start point to the end one and then the
software itself deletes the old trace.
Cadstar was better. PCAD was simply the best.

Mira

http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html