I have no experience with DXP but I can recommend the move from v3 to
99se.

I have found 99se +sp6 running on win 2k is extremely stable and the db
system is very useful to us. Conversely I had no end of trouble with v3.

Most of our boards are double or 4 layer at most and easily manually
routed. We have yet to find a reason to upgrade to DXP.

I had no trouble at all moving from v3 to 99se. Importing many hundreds
of separate PCB and SCH files into their respective databases took me an
afternoon. I can't remember having any problems converting our footprint
and SCH parts libraries.

I recommend you give the trial 99se disk with service pack 6 a good
workout, I guarantee you won't look back.

Tom Luttrell.