From: Steve Wiseman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 6:49 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] stopping second instance of 99SE

23/07/2004 16:51:09, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I think I remember someone once-upon-a-time (Like Ian
maybe?) saying
>that multiple instances was a defeatable within p99, either thru
the ini
>files or perhaps a registry setting..

It's easy enough to just  stop .ddb , .sch, .prj, .pcb and whatever else
you're likely to double click on being associated with Protel.
Fire up regedt32 (from task manager, if you can't find it elsewhere),
then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Classes, and delete (click on,
then hit 'DEL') .ddb and all the others you fancy killing off. That'll
stop them launching Protel when you double-click, but Protel will still
be entirely happy to open them. job done, without all this messing about
with application launcher, counting copies, and the like. The icons may
no longer be as pretty in file manager. Tough.

Steve