From: Dennis Saputelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 8:58 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] stopping second instance of 99SE

oh well, thanks anyway Harry

but unless i missed something in my exhaustive :} 3 minute trial of CONTROL
LAUNCHER here is what i see:

the launcher they provide will not start a second copy of the launched
program if the default setting of 'one copy only'
is set and you use their program launch button

but if you dbl click on a DDB in 'explorer' a second copy is started up as
usual

i would think that it would be possible for a program to intercept the file
association program 'launching' process and prevent that but as for now the
search goes on (maybe i am the only one who wants this)

BTW
and on a vaguely related topic
has anyone tried ExplorerPlus ?
http://www.novatix.com/
as i am always in search of a file manager to replace the hated (at least by
me) Windows Explorer i have found this prog and am so far impressed enough
that i actually shelled out the big bucks ($40) after the free trial run

Dennis Saputelli

Harry Lemmens wrote:

> Supposedly, this app will allow you to control this aspect of windows.
> I have not tried it myself. http://www.softaward.com/732.html
>
> Actually, it should have been written into the application itself
> (That is, to detect, and dis-allow a second instance of itself to be
> launched!) Done correctly, it would have opened the DDB in the already
active session.

> Cheers
> Harry

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com