i couldn't find the thread you mentioned either

i wrote protel support about this
we will see if they answer, so far not yet

what is driving this in part is that we have a zillion projects
all over the place in fairly complex directory structures

we often open mnay DDBs for either design reference or to swipe
details or parts

if you use protel to drill around to open files, then aside
from a lot of worthless time spent, it leaves protel
pointing to the wrong folder for the next operation

we have a couple of good file managers that will pop us to the
right spot with minimal fuss
so the working method here is to locate the file then apply it to
the app, works great for autocad and PDFs and most other progs

Dennis Saputelli

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I think you may have misunderstood me. IFF my memory serves me
> correctly, the discussion was about disabling only the second execution,
> not dis-associating the .ddb extension from Protel or otherwise
> compromising the natural windows double-click execution of a program
> based on association(s).
>
> Though admittedly, is there isn't another method, then what you're
> suggesting is probably the only thing that Dennis can do to stop the
> second (or third...) instance from occurring when a .ddb file is
> double-clicked...
>
> aj

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com