From: Ralph Effinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 9:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEDA] first BGA layout

I am haveing trouble laying put an 8 layer board. I have a schematic, board with chips, resistor,caps and one 256 bga. The bga has a 1mm pitch. I have setup the layer stack mang. and the desing rules the best I know how,{this is my first bga}. I layed out the board using blind or buried vias. I am using protell 99se. after auto routing the board, the vias all go from the top layer to the bottom not useing any blind or buried vias. I,ve looked at the tutorials and book, and can find nothing to help me. thank you!

Mike, thanks for your reply

I have read your artical. It has alot of good info. I read it, and tried to use the desing rules and the layer stack but 99SE doesn't want to obey. It still wants to run all the vias from the top layer to the bottom layer.not useing eny blind or buried vias.It will also put traces on layers that I dont set for them.