Looks like I found a way out of this but... come on?!? Evidentally
between closing the original file and opening the copy Protel forgot
my access code and nearly every one of  its servers I re-entered the
access code then I went to that nifty large arrow down in the top left
cornor of the file menus and chose Servers... I then clicked the menu
button and selected install. I then proceeded to install every single
*.ins file in Design Explorer 99 SE/system directory. After that I
could right click on a file and select properties and tell it what
kind of file is should be! All I can say is I hope this doesn't happen
again :P

Keith

--
- Keith