I set the options for Unconnected Ports within the connection matrix for the
8 cells where "* Port" crosses "Unconnected"?  Now ERC shows unconnected
ports.

Does Protel sometimes flag more than one error at the same location?  If so,
how can No ERC Directives correctly identify which error to not report?

Is there any way to change to electrical type definition of a pin on the
schematic?  PLDs with hundreds of pins intrinsically designated as I/O
regardless of programming give rise to a very large number of warnings, such
as an IO<=>Output clash.  If I could, for example, magically change and I/O
pin to an input where applicable it would make these errors go away.
However, since the same PLD part type is used in many designs with different
programming, I don't want to change the pin definitions in the library.

What about nets with no outputs?  How can these be checked to make sure they
are what is wanted?  For example, when 2 boards are interconnected in a
system, one could have only an output (and connector pin) while the other
has only inputs (and a connector pin).

Is there any way to check that Port directions make sense with regard to pin
electrical types?  For example, the port should point into an input and away
from an output?

Jeff Condit
6946 Clark Rd.
Paradise, CA 95969