There are two areas where upgrading would be a no-brainer for me.
-If you are doing any multi-channel design work.
-If you are doing any FPGA work.

I   have   mixed   feelings about the autorouter.
The ability to define rules to drive it has been
expanded  and improved.  But I don't think the route
engine itself is quite "there" yet.  (SP2 maybe?? :P)

How well the autorouter works seems to vary some from board to board.
On one board,  my results were better than the 99SE router.
With another board the results were not as good.

I crash less often than I used to in 99SE.  Noticeably fewer AV's.
I wouldn't go back to 99SE.  The   future  will be on  the  DXP  platform.
Is it perfect?  Probably not.  But we're only at SP1. Some growing pains are only
natural.  I expect DXP will just continue to improve over the next few
service packs.

I'd at least get the  demo,   have a look for yourself,  try it out,
see  how well it works (or not..) with a few of your own designs.

---Phil