Steve Smith wrote:

Hi all,

It's time for me to request equipment & software for
next years budget and I still don't have a warm & fuzzy
feeling about Protel 2004.  Has SP1 improved the Situs
autorouter?  Are the other improvements worth the $3500
USD?  I have seen a few of you say that once you had
upgraded you would never go back.  Is it really that
much better or are the systems so incompatible that
once 2004 is learned it would be tough to go back and
do it the 99SE way, much less admit that the money was
poorly spent?  We only design about 10 boards a year
and I am having a real problem justifying the cost
of upgrading from 99SE SP6 to myself much less my boss.

10 boards is not a measure, unless they contain less than 3 transistors and equally many passives.

Before it is forgotten. You're not done with those 3500$.
Put another monitor and a dual head graphics card onto the
list too.

Rene
--
Ing.Buro R.Tschaggelar http://www.ibrtses.com