I finally downloaded the Electra router and tried it on a board
I had just routed with the P99SE default router.  I thought Protel
did badly, but the Electra board was a nightmare.  It wasn't
even able to complete all the nets, it left about 5 undone.
Protel made a fair jumble of traces all over the place, but Electra
literally filled the entire area within the keepout border with tracks!

I can't say for sure whether I had all the settings right (actually, I haven't
found anywhere in Electra to set options, etc.) so I'm not sure this
is a good comparison, yet, but so far I'm not very impressed, to
say the least.

Since this was discussed a while ago, I thought I would give a report.

Jon