Title: Schematic Title Block - Please Explain

Hi all,

Im having trouble wrapping my head around the Schematic title block in 99SE.

I dont have a Default template file loaded (under Tools->Preferences). This setting gives a simple title block with no graphics etc. Nice, Im happy except for one thing the filename has its full path displayed and more often than not extends into and way past the Drawn By box.

The other nice thing about this title block is that I can go into Document Options and change the template size and the title block always stays in the bottom right-hand corner.

So my first question is where is this title block stored so I can modify it (if possible)?

Now when I load a Default Template from Tools -> Preferences it has the big Protel logo with Protels full address etc, etc on it. I dont remember working for Protel At least I dont think I do These templates are no good to me. These are the ones in the Templates.ddb.

I realize I can generate my own template, but that brings up another problem resizing the sheet on the fly. If I use a custom template and change its size with Document Options, then the title block stays where it is (it doesnt stay in the bottom right hand corner). Useless. That means I have to make a template for every size of sheet I want? Eugh.

So I guess my second question is is a custom template for every sheet size I use the only way?

All I want is the standard template without the full file path displayed in it. Is this asking too much?

Sorry about the longwinded spiel, but I think this is important and its been bugging me for a long time.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

TC