Hi,

I have downloaded the self-extracting image of proTeXt from
http://www.tug.org/protext/ftp/protext.exe, saved it to my harddrive, and
extracted the contents of the archive using WinRAR, but I am having trouble
running the file Setup.exe.  It seems to be a problem related to Adobe Acrobat
7.0, which I just downloaded from the Adobe website, after uninstalling and
deleting my old version of Acrobat.  From what I can tell, Acrobat freezes when
opening the file Install/protext-install-en.pdf.  When I double-click on
Setup.exe, a dialog box opens asking what language I would like to use.  When I
click Next, Acrobat opens, but then freezes without opening any file.  When I
go directly to the Install folder and double-click on the
protext-install-en.pdf file, Acrobat opens and freezes before opening the file.
 The same thing happens when I go to http://www.tug.org/protext/ftp/Install/,
download the protext-install-en.pdf file to my harddrive and then try to open
it in Acrobat.  Whe
n I click on the link to open it directly in my browser (Internet Explorer
6.0), the browser window freezes.

I'm doubtful that this is an Acrobat issue because I am able to open other
PDFs, such as my unrelated personal files, and also other PDF files in the
proTeXt distribution, such as doc/lshort.pdf.  The only files that I seem to be
having problems with are in the Install folder.

Thanks,
Mira