On Monday 02 March 2009, Adewale Oshineye wrote:
> This article has some surprising results from it's performance
> comparison of Thrift,  Protocol Buffers and JSON:
> http://bouncybouncy.net/ramblings/posts/thrift_and_protocol_buffers/

The outcome looks about right. In the latest version of Python, even
simplejson has C extensions. A one order of magnitude difference between a
pure Python versus C implementation is about right, if not too small. I would
have expected a difference of 20-50 times.

Besides the fact that this post is is far too short on details - i.e. Python
version, OS, hardware -- I would look at it as a great motivation to get the
C extensions for PB done quickly. ;-)

Regards,
Stephan
--