On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 4:59 PM, George Georgiev <georgi.georg...@citrix.com
> wrote:

>  So you suggest if I change the java package in a proto file, I to update
> the makefile too?

That seems reasonable to me.  If you changed the package of any of your
other Java files it would mean moving source code around which would
certainly require updating the makefile.

Another idea is to have protoc output the .java files into a temporary
directory, and then jar up that whole directory, and consider the .jar to be
the output of the operation.  That way you have just one output and it's the
same regardless of the content of the .proto files.